On Friday morning March 13, 2020 49 states had at least 1 case of an infected person with the COVID19 coronavirus. There were more than 30 States that had declared some form of state of emergency. Over 145,000 had been infected worldwide and the US cases had double to over 2000 from the day before. Forty three deaths had been registered with hundreds more in hospitals in serious condition and over 15,000 people in some form of quarantine across the United States.
The World Health Organization had declared COVID19 to be a pandemic on Wednesday, March 11th as the virus was present in 112 countries. By March 13th it was present in 137 countries and there was no slowing it down.
As a result of what we anticipated would occur in the US and the numbers of infected and dead that we were seeing in China, CEDRdigital activated to warn and prepare the public of the epidemic that was on the horizon. As with all our disasters we gather resources to help prepare the public. For this activation, these resources will be used by all of us, including our volunteers. In the next few days, our upcoming topics include: Homeschooling, Online learning strategies and tools, Reducing stress while in a crisis.
Below are the most popular topics from our twitter account that we turned into blog posts:
#CORONAVIRUS RESOURCES IN ENGLISH
- Personal Protection Resources – http://bit.ly/2IHRbI3
- Understanding Community Spread, containment and mitigation + Resources – http://bit.ly/33eDzNV
- Community Spread Part 1- http://bit.ly/2wUNZGe
- Community Spread – Part 2 – http://bit.ly/2U0Belo
- Working from Home with Children – http://bit.ly/2TSPfTn
- Community Resources for Coronavirus COVID19 – http://bit.ly/33lCPX2
- Homeschooling Week 1 – http://bit.ly/3aZ73lq